GLG Launches New Video Series, GLG Applied: Business in the Era of Trump, Featuring Ten Leading Experts on the Business Implications of the Incoming Administration
January 05, 2017
Future Editions of the Series Will Focus on Hot Business Topics
New York, New York; January 5, 2017 — GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.) the world’s leading membership for professional learning and expertise, today launched a new video series, GLG Applied, featuring GLG members and other experts sharing their unique insight on the hottest and most timely business topics. The series’ first edition, Business in the Era of Trump, showcases interviews with ten leading policy and industry experts on the potential business impacts of the new policy environment.
In these videos, GLG members discuss what business and industry can expect from President-elect Trump and what remains unknown about topics like healthcare reform, foreign policy, renewable energy, the housing and labor market, and defense.
“Every businessperson and investor wants to understand the new opportunities and the new risks of the Trump presidency,” said Richard Socarides, GLG Head of Public Affairs and former White House Special Assistant and Senior Advisor to the President. “This first edition of GLG Applied showcases the range of unique and deep expertise available to GLG clients in quick, informative videos.”
The new series features short interviews with ten GLG Council Members, leading experts in their fields, as follows:
- The Affordable Care Act: Elizabeth Canis, Former VP of Strategy at UnitedHealth Group
- Labor and the American Workforce: Nicholas Eberstadt, Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute
- Clean Energy: Peter Fusaro, Chairman at Global Change Associates, an energy and environmental consulting firm
- International Trade: Edward Goldberg, Professor at New York University Center for Global Affairs
- The Housing Market: Barry Habib, CEO of MBS Highway, a mortgage market intelligence firm
- Leadership and Diplomacy: Ray Johnson, Former SVP & CTO at Lockheed Martin
- Global Banking and Investment: Aaron Klein, Policy Director at Brookings Institution
- U.S. – China Relations: Ann Lee, Professor of Finance and Economics, New York University
- Middle East Policy: Ken Pollack, Senior Fellow at Brookings Institution
- Healthcare Reform: Avik Roy, Former Healthcare Advisor for Mitt Romney and Marco Rubio
GLG was founded on the idea that one-on-one professional learning can scale and become an essential part of professional life. It serves top business people and investors who need perspective they can’t find in one-size-fits-all industry reports, courses, or conferences. Today GLG facilitates thousands of connections a week between the world’s leading investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, consulting firms, nonprofits, and startups and its membership of 500,000 policy specialists, academics, engineers, former C-level managers, professional leaders, and other subject matter experts.
GLG Applied is the company’s third video series. It’s first, Expertise at GLG, features GLG Council Members and other experts. Leading Learners, the second series, features GLG clients discussing how they learn. All videos are on GLG’s website at glginsights.com/videos.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s approximately 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries. For more information visit www.glginsights.com.