Vice President, Membership Development, GLG Institute
GLG Institute is transforming the way the world’s top executives share expertise, learn and accelerate success. Senior executives learn fastest through one-on-one conversations with other professionals who can share relevant experience and hard-won perspectives. GLG Institute is designed to create those conversations. We recruit the world’s best operators, leaders, and policy makers to serve as Advisors to GLG Institute Members. GLG Institute Members are senior executives at Global 2000 companies. GLG Institute aims to become the seminal leadership development tool for executives at the world’s best companies.
Watch our video here: https://www.glginstitute.com
The Vice President for Membership Development will have an exciting opportunity to shape the global membership development strategy and process for GLG Institute. This VP will be responsible for GLG Institute sales performance and accountable for closing annual membership agreements with senior executives to exceed sales targets.
- Design the GLG Institute global membership development strategy and processes.
- Diagnose prospect needs well during meetings, effectively communicate the value proposition to prospects, and closing annual membership agreements with senior executives.
- Develop account maps and prospect profiles, to deeply understand enterprise networks, prospect needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Partner consistently with internal teams (e.g. Relationship Management, Events, Advisor Relations) and key contacts (e.g. Chairmen, Advisors, Members, GLG Institute Advocates) to outline action plans or obtain referrals, and quickly engage qualified prospects/leads. Must be comfortable leading and influencing cross functional teams in a dynamic growth environment, since a significant portion of the responsibilities will have interdependencies with other team members and goals.
- Schedule prospect meetings, and ensure ideal influencers are engaged appropriately to advocate for GLG Institute.
- Consistently measure and monitor progress against plan, publish business metrics, identify signals, gaps, opportunities and recommend specific actions, initiatives, and/or investments to address as appropriate.
- Incubate new initiatives, and measuring progress and identifying the ones with ability to scale.
- Serve as a key ambassador and spokesman for GLG Institute in building the brand
- Act as Player Coach, and hiring and building an effective team to scale the membership development team at the appropriate time.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry needed. Strong track record as a VP+ executive at a Global 2000 healthcare company, partner at top-five strategy consulting firm, and/or experiences in talent management consulting preferred.
- Distinctive performance in business development and/or operational roles.
- Experience selling at the “C” level and rapport building skills with senior executives will be paramount.
- Has experience creating a scalable, and repeatable sales process. Has strong bias for ‘invention’ and ‘simplication’ when planning and designing processes.
- Has successfully hired and trained junior sales team members while achieving revenue and growth goals. An attractor of talent, with excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills.
- Passion for maximizing potential of talents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive drive to consistently exceed quota
- Undergrad degree from top university required, MBA or JD from top ten program preferred
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.