Vice President Investment Banking, Investment Management
The Vice President, Investment Banking, Investment Management at GLG will be deployed in support of deepening client relationships, strategic positioning, and as a thought partner in client negotiations and executing complex projects.
GLG works with the world’s leading investment managers.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with client at a range of experience levels at leading Investment Managers (Associate to Portfolio Managers) to articulate GLG’s premium brand, offerings and value proposition.
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients and new business prospects across the full line of GLG’s services.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues.
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
- Communicate GLG’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for this role include contract value growth from existing clients, new business, pipeline development, and the adoption of new product/service offerings.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5yrs+ professional experience, 3yrs+ in sales required
- Proven success selling services and solutions under a commission structure
- The ability to build lasting relationships with institutional investors
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Possess a passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Are self-motivated
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all endeavors
- Think creatively about commercial opportunities
- Exhibit attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.