Software Engineers at GLG build the platform that matches companies around the world with the people who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions on demand. Working on one of our self-organizing teams you’ll pair with other engineers, product managers, and users to set and achieve goals that help GLG continue to define the future of work.
We are a rapidly growing team with a lot of programmers and relatively few managers -- a trend we’re hoping to keep as we continue to expand the team. We value results and flexibility over process and dogma.
The Problems You’ll Solve
How do you figure out what topic someone knows better than anyone else? How do you match that person to a business that has a problem they don’t fully understand? These are some of the ways our Engineers are solving these enormous problems right now:
- Search -- Working closely with our internal research team, we provide advanced search tools that let our research managers pinpoint the right people to introduce to our customers for each project. By integrating more and more data, we are constantly striving to boost recall while maintaining high numbers for accuracy and keeping an interface that is simple and intuitive.
- Artificial Intelligence -- We currently make 10% of our matches with AI and machine learning techniques and are looking to steadily increase that percentage. This is a great start, but there is huge opportunity to improve our accuracy and scale.
- Build and drive solutions using the technologies you and your team choose.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create a technical vision for future products.
- Mentor and pair with other developers, honing your coding, software design and leadership skillsets.
- Work remotely when you want, but also access any of our amazingoffices, worldwide.
- Make top-of-market salary.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer building applications and service-based systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to educate other team members on modern technologies and coding patterns.
- A desire to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle from inception to implementation and support.
- The ability to thrive and in a self-directed environment.
- Concrete mentorship skills.
- The ability to measure your result in business results rather than lines of code.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.