Senior HR Business Partner, New York
GLG is seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our New York team as an HR Business Partner. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will align closely with our local leadership to help execute business objectives through various talent strategies. The HRBP provides guidance to senior managers on a wide variety of topics, partnering with other internal HR functional teams, to develop solutions for the business. The HRBP will partner with a global HR team on employee relations, headcount forecasting, and various other talent related strategies. The ideal candidate should be highly collaborative with past experience in every aspect of HR management including, but not limited to talent acquisition, organizational development, talent management, performance management, investigations, compensation and benefits.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide both strategic and tactical support to management and employees, executing on our talent strategy throughout the year;
- Ability to assess the organization's capability to deliver on business strategies, and help plan and drive the design of the optimal organization structure to deliver against that strategy;
- Proactively develop, recommend, and implement a talent strategy to support business goals, specifically with regard to organization development, talent acquisition, performance management, retention, learning and development, and employee relations;
- Ability to conduct in depth investigations;
- Run annual compensation, performance review, talent review and promotion processes for assigned client groups;
- Manage, contribute and partner with HR colleagues on local and/or global projects and strategic initiatives, as required
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 10+ years of strategic HR and/or people management experience with strong business acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a trusted advisor to the business, proposing and implementing talent solutions to support the BU goals;
- Proven experience executing on organizational changes, to support the business strategy;
- Highly strategic, with a track record of demonstrated impact to a company’s HR practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated strong internal stakeholder management, both with senior management, frontline employees, and internal support functions;
- Experience and knowledge of Federal, State and local labor laws;
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities;
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and prioritize multiple work streams without sacrificing quality;
- Results oriented, with a sense of urgency and a focus on service delivery and willingness to be hands-on;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and organization and attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.