Senior Associate / Manager, Data Strategy and Product Management
GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. GLG’s network of 600,000 experts works with our 1,500 employees in 22 offices in 12 countries. We are looking for someone who can develop data strategies and implement data driven products to better enable our ability to match and screen Council Members.
- The overall purpose of the role is to work with GLG Council Management and Engineering to improve the quality of delivering our Council Members to clients
- Specifically, you will develop strategies to collect and manage data, and design data driven products to improve the speed and efficacy of screening and matching Council Members to client needs
- The role will lead initiatives along with a team of engineers who are dedicated to building solutions with you
- You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Strategy, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development
- The role will also provide regular exposure to GLG’s senior management team, including the heads of Data and Platform Innovation and Council Management
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunity identification: analyze current data collection processes and data management systems to identify opportunities to more effectively utilize data and match Council Members to client needs
- Product design: design new ways of collecting data, products that automate selection criteria for Council Members and more effectively enhance search, and reporting tools to showcase progress on improving the quality of delivered Council Members
- Test and implementation: integrate technology enabled solutions into the business
- Reporting and presentation: develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform key decision makers and demonstrate real business impacts
An ideal candidate will have the following:
This person is a structured problem solver and has great attention to detail. He/she needs to operate with the utmost sense of ownership for the initiatives with which he/she is involved, even when not explicitly given authority over the various participants and processes (which will usually be the case). He/she also needs to be able to communicate the high level impacts of the work while managing detailed challenges during the design and implementation of new data driven systems and tools.
Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience, for example, in product management, business operations, or strategy
- Background in data management or experience in developing data driven solutions a plus
- Experience with enterprise wide technology product implementations
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with additional data analysis or process modeling tools preferred
- Intermediate SQL preferred
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Experience conducting high quality analysis
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.