VP of Marketing, Corporate Markets
The Vice President of Marketing, Corporate Markets will be responsible for defining and managing a global marketing strategy and plan to support GLG’s Corporate Markets offering across the Technology, Industrials, and Life Sciences (Pharma and Medical Devices and Diagnostics) verticals, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer. He/she will be tasked with helping the Corporate Markets General Manager and Sales leaders in the North America and International businesses to identify new areas of opportunity, effectively communicate a full suite of offerings, drive engagement among existing clients and support acquisition of new clients. He/she will also guide marketing efforts across International, leveraging in-market staff to deploy campaigns as needed. This individual will work closely with the CMO and each of the marketing function leaders to ensure that the business unit's revenue and profit objectives are supported with well-informed and innovative marketing programs that drive demand and engagement with GLG’s offerings. He/she will also be responsible for managing a marketing calendar and the deployment of omni-channel campaigns to support effective sales conversations. The ideal candidate will be ready to take on an entrepreneurial role that will require strong influencer skills as well as a deep B2B marketing toolkit.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Marketing planning and campaign deployment across multiple outbound channels to engage target customers (e.g. Marketo, LinkedIn).
- Maintenance, deployment, and regular validation of audience personas to support marketing approach aligned to client lifecycle.
- Develop and optimize lead/user scoring frameworks in collaboration with Marketing Operations and business unit leaders.
- Build and manage a team of marketers as direct reports
- Create innovative models, strategies and marketing plans to drive business unit growth, while ensuring alignment with the GLG brand.
- Develop marketing strategies for target industries and high value accounts (account-based marketing).
- Regularly test, iterate and optimize multi-channel engagement programs designed to acquire and qualify new business leads and increase user engagement amongst existing customers
- Collaborate with Brand/Creative teams to develop a wide range of internal and external collateral, including case studies, eBooks, virtual events, and live marketing engagements.
- Partner with the CMO and marketing subject matter expert teams (e.g. content) to support global business unit goals
- Manage relationship with vendors to support overall marketing strategy
- Ensure data integrity and richness
- Develop and track metrics to measure program outcomes and report back on campaign progress to business unit leadership
- Collaborate with in-market employees to manage marketing targeted to prospects and clients in International markets.
- Participate as a member of the marketing leadership team at GLG
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7-10+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of B2B or technology marketing expertise.
- Preference for oversight of a demand generation function and experience in aligning with a sales organization.
- Some global marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization.
- Experience with Salesforce and a marketing automation platform (Marketo, preferred).
- Executive-level interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
- Player/coach mentality
- Proven ability to evangelize and teach marketing principles and practices to relevant stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree is required. MBA or related advanced degree would be preferred.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.