Independent Consultant, Strategic Projects
Strategic Projects delivers personalized strategic insights by partnering with talent from top tier management consulting firms. We curate high performing and lean project teams, while providing oversight, support, and resources to address needs of top global clients. As an independent consultant you will be responsible for executing research and strategy projects for GLG’s global clients.
- The consultant will receive support from an internal team of experienced consultants that facilitate GLG’s resources including: phone consultations with experts from our 500,000 network, surveys, deck design, and more
- The Strategic Projects team handles all aspects of business development including: project scoping, proposal development, staffing, and contracts
- This role is a fit for talented consultants that seek flexible lifestyle as you will have full discretion to accept and decline projects based on availability and interest
- Our staffing model provides the optimal level of responsibilities on a project: Associate, Manager, Expert Advisor or Partner-level client relationship
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from tier 1 university, MBA preferred
- Associates: 3+ years management consulting experience from top tier firm
- Project Leads: 3-5+ years management consulting experience from top tier firm
- Partners: 10+ years management consulting experience and industry experience at a senior level
- Experience leading high visibility consulting engagements and communicating insights with senior clients
- Currently independent consultant, yet informed about industry trends and challenges of leading corporations
- Functional experience in at least one of the following: primary/market research, strategy, due diligence, market assessments and/or sizing, competitive landscaping
- Keen creative, analytical and interpersonal senses to get to the root of client questions
- Skilled in story-telling, deck development in PowerPoint, and client presentations
- Proficient in combining a leading edge consulting toolkit with deep industry knowledge of your own and/or leveraging industry experts
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.