We are looking for motivated independent consultants with strategy consulting or industry research experience in the IaaS, PaaS, and enterprise SaaS space. As an independent consultant, you will work on industry and market assessment, product launch, customer journey mapping, and go-to-market strategy development for Fortune 100 clients in the technology sector.
Typical client engagements are 2-12 weeks (part-time or full-time). This role is a fit for talented consultants who seek a flexible lifestyle. You will have full discretion to accept and decline projects based on availability and interest.
Learn more about us here.
- A minimum of 8 years with a top tier management consulting firm within the last ten years (e.g., last date of employment should be no earlier than 2009), preferably at the Associate Partner or Principal level at some point during the tenure
- Informed about industry trends and challenges of digital transformation and cloud technology adaption, particularly from infrastructure/service provider perspective(s)
- Ability to perform rigorous analytical and qualitative analysis, including primary research
- Functional experiencein: strategy, market assessments and/or sizing, or competitive landscaping
- Keen creative, interpersonal, and analytical senses to get to the root of client questions
- Must have executive level presence and be skilled in story-telling and PowerPoint presentation development
Responsibilities include the following
- Ability to collaboratively articulate key hypotheses and effectively manage project scope and client expectations throughout the project.
- Quickly understand a technology client’s research question and appropriately guide and inform the scope of work
- Develop an expert interview guide, field interviews, consolidate insights
- Develop survey questionnaire, field, collect, and review data
- Analyze raw data and develop insights
- Synthesize key findings into a PPT deliverable
- Adhere to project deadlines
More about GLG Strategic Projects:
- Maintain your flexibility by working with us on mostly remote projects when you choose to
- We evaluate client opportunities, so you don’t have to
- We help you manage the scope, execution, and client touch-points on each project
- We provide access to GLG company resources: 800,000+ subject matter experts, best-in-class survey capabilities, data and analytics vendors, research reports, and project execution tools
- Our staffing model provides the optimal level of responsibilities on a project
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.