GLG Live Production / Event Manager
GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around the different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
This position will lead the production of multiple meetings focusing on corporate clients across different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with our client facing GLGLive team to produce learning experiences for our clients including workshops, speaker placements, and bespoke events
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Experience with healthcare events a plus but not necessary
- Operational management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability
- Data Management and Analysis; campaign and user patterns and KPIs
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils/Speakers
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Partnering with GLGLive and research teams on content execution
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Leadership of internal teams engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with strong emphasis on:
- Adhering to process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5+ Years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- Excellent negotiation skills and project cost projection
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Strong copy editing skills are a pre-requisite
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user focused
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.