This role will be responsible for supporting the Head of Corporate Markets and Head of Council Management in a variety of ways, including: time and calendar management, meeting preparation, assistance with special projects and more. A successful candidate is highly-detail oriented, proactive, and able to manage multiple priorities at once. This role requires superb judgment and the ability to work calmly under pressure, while ensuring all responsibilities are successfully met.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Scheduling and managing heavy calendar activity: tracking, and confirming both internal and external meetings
- Schedule meetings with outside vendors
- Responsible for arranging domestic and international travel arrangements and managing expense reports
- Interacting with internal & external clients and colleagues in a highly professional manner, being the team’s point person, gatekeeper, and the liaison between all departments
- Maintaining superior organization of highly confidential business and personal paperwork
- Review and prepare miscellaneous reports and documents as required; prepare background documents as necessary for meetings
- Coordinate activities, meetings, and events for each individual’s respective teams
- Liaison between Accounts Payable and IT teams to approve and monitor team expenses and IT-related issues
- Provide general office support, including, phone coverage, file maintenance, special projects, resolving day-to- day operational problems, developing presentations and maintaining charts and reports
- Manage distribution of internal communications
- Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience supporting senior executives
- Business Administration degree a plus
- Must be extremely proficient in MS Office specifically: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong PowerPoint skills to assist team with presentations
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Must be reliable, consistent and punctual with a high level of professionalism
- Confidential and trustworthy – must use good judgment and discretion as needed
- Proactive, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills – a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity
- Exceptional and diplomatic communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle any responsibility calmly while under pressure
- Flexible schedule - ability to adjust as work load demands
We seek bright, positive, and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and client needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle growing responsibilities over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.