Event Project Manager, GLG Events Team
GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of the event product around the different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and grow relationship with various internal business units through cross-BU collaboration
- Strategic and logistical management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Full engagement scoping and development
- Developing Proposal and Client Engagement
- Venue selection and preparation for onsite management (inclusive of itinerary development)
- Logistical management leading up to engagement
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI
- Post event recap including reporting on commercial wins
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Providing strategic direction to marketing event strategy
- Leadership of internal business partners engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with strong emphasis on:
- Setting process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Managing speakers and confirmation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners, including research management and sales
- Problem-solving and objection handling
- Work with global stakeholders on executing successful events across EMEA and APAC
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least Four Years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Event sales or account management experience is a plus
- Healthcare/Life sciences experience is required
- Commercially-driven individual with a high degree of self-motivation
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- Strong project management skills with a focus on ownership and driving projects forward
- Strong Negotiation skills as well as clearly being able to communicate value proposition of GLG products to internal and external decision makers
- Relationship-building skills with internal stakeholders as well as various types of vendors
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.