GLG’s fast-growing Strategic Solutions and Surveys business is seeking an experienced Reporting & Analytics Director to play a leading role in establishing and implementing best practices, and to develop multiple client reporting outputs. As Reporting & Analytics Director you will leverage your market research expertise to work within a project matrix to provide business insights that matter to our clients. This includes working with experienced multi-discipline project teams across sectors to deliver insightful and innovative analyses and visualization. The role offers exposure to a broad range of clients and project types across business units and regions.
About Strategic Solutions
The Strategic Solutions team brings together GLG Surveys and GLG Projects businesses. GLG Surveys provides industry and market trends to GLG’s global clients by leveraging GLG’s network of professionals to develop data sets for hard-to-reach populations, and GLG Projects designs and delivers unique consulting solutions to address our client business needs.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver insights: Translate data into insights and deliverables that directly address client business issues.
- Manage the reporting and analytics team: Manage and develop an established team of research professionals, to support client engagement via the creation and execution of client deliverables.
- Develop and implement best practices: Establish workflows and reporting/analytical capabilities to meet the demands of external and internal stakeholders.
- Project management: Maintain ownership of assigned tasks within broader client engagements, delivering on market research projects that run anywhere between a few days and multiple months’ depending scope.
- Develop relationships: Manage internal and client expectations to deliver the highest level of services in a demanding and fast turnaround market.
- Work alongside GLG’s Strategic Solutions and Survey teams and other business units to define, execute, and deliver clients’ needs on survey and data analysis, including shaping the research approach and design upfront to deliver better results to analyze and package.
- Training: Share expertise and facilitate organized and ad-hoc trainings to develop the analytical capabilities of other members of the Strategic Solutions team, as well as the broader organization.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of experience managing a high volume of quantitative market research studies, interfacing with clients to proactively deliver on agreed objectives.
- Experience in managing and building a reporting and analytics team.
- Proven analytical expertise and storytelling experience – must be able to turn data into an insightful story.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, takes responsibility for actions and projects.
- Familiarity with advanced modeling techniques common in market research especially as it pertains to the visual display of those models.
- Strong knowledge of various deliverable formats including PPT, Slides, Infographics, and/or Prezi.
- Commitment to managing and meeting the requirements and expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Prompt, proactive, and consultative project management with focus on solutions for clients and team members.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient technical aptitude to build expertise with various market research tools specific to the company and the industry.
- BA/BS required, relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Expert facility with Microsoft Office Suite, and at least one additional data analysis tools such as SAS, SPSS, R etc. Tableau or other data visualization software experience a plus.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.