Director of Marketing Operations
GLG is seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to play a key role in developing the center of expertise for GLG’s global marketing organization. We are looking for proven experience developing and implementing client-centric engagement solutions that deliver measurable results. Must have deep understanding of customer relationship management and marketing automation platforms (Marketo/Salesforce), end-to-end lifecycle management and a passion for performance marketing.
This individual will lead a team responsible for optimizing the campaign frameworks and programs for demand generation and client engagement across the global business. The ideal candidate is a seasoned digital marketing professional with solid experience developing integrated omni-channel programs, building and executing holistic strategies across diversified customer segments. He/she has a “player/coach” approach and a proven track record of creating and managing marketing operations teams that deliver predictable, scalable, and efficient outputs and processes. This person must exhibit a unique blend of metrics-driven business ownership, marketing and operations acumen, leadership, agility, and communications skills. This individual will help create the infrastructure, workflows and enablement capabilities supporting the go-to-market growth strategies for client retention and new business acquisition.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Help create a global center of expertise that enables client centric engagement programs that can grow at scale and support a complex global business
- Create efficiency, processes and measurements within a centralized infrastructure
- Support sector marketing leads to develop quarterly plans, goals, and requirements supporting revenue goals
- Partner within marketing and across sales and customer-facing teams to effectively create unified engagement strategies that deliver client centric value propositions to the right target at the right time
- Provide recommendations for optimizing the martech stack and relevant applications enabling customer centric engagement and measurement of marketing impact
- Develop customer centric marketing strategies, ABM and persona-based practices that deliver measurable revenue
- Develop multi-channel strategies that engage clients with relevant and timely insights
- Strategic and tactical oversight of Marketo instance and the interactions with other integrated systems such as Salesforce/CRM, predictive scoring solutions, internal and external data sources
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing operations functions
- Provide reporting cadence demonstrating marketing’s impact
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors degree required
- Marketo certification and 5+ years marketing automation experience
- 7-10 years of experience leading marketing teams with different skill-sets: analytic, technical, and creative
- Strong experience ideating, building, launching, tracking, and optimizing lead generation, qualification, scoring, nurture, and end-to-end lifecycle programs for complex and diversified offerings
- Management experience and ability to delegate tasks while providing guidance and oversight to direct reports
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize projects and drive transformation/change, along with an ability to influence and collaborate within the organization
- Deep expertise and experience in global B2B marketing, preferably in subscription based global organization
- Strong background in data management and workflows, including understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence, and lead management processes and technologies
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player
- Process and quality orientation with extreme attention to detail and problem-solving skills
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.