Business Development Associate
We are seeking candidates for a Business Development Associate on the GLG Professional Services Firm Sales team in New York, NY. This Business Development Associate will be responsible for prospecting, establishing and building relationships with consultants and mid-level managers in the U.S. primarily over the phone. This person will be responsible for regularly pitching GLG’s products and services to prospects and clients to increase awareness of GLG’s brand, generate new client leads, use GLG’s CRM and other tools (sales loft) to track and map client accounts.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- engage key constituents at clients in order to articulate GLG's brand and tailor our value proposition to those clients;
- "map" client organizations to identify potential new buyers/users of GLG's services and promoters within;
- prospect new GLG users;
- execute on account growth objectives in consultation with account manager
- push out and sell new products, service and pricing initiatives to clients
Key performance metrics for this position will include goaled amount of Paid Active Users every month/quarter, adherence to outbound campaigns via sales loft and marketo, monthly and weekly call and email targets, and BOE revenue. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our learning platform, products and be very comfortable on the phone.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top university is required in addition to 1-3 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions; experience selling to professionals is a plus
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with users
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated;
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.