Associate Vice President, Content and Events Strategy
- This role will work with the North America Head of Content and Events to set the strategic agenda for GLG’s largest product, grow its P&L, acquire and retain users, support decision making, and implement key initiatives
- The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics including operational improvement, product development, sales and marketing, and also regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization
- Will report to the North America Head of Content and Events who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development
- Will work closely with the Strategy Team and all North America Business Units to drive strategy and help implement change
- This role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forward projects, and as the role progresses the candidate may quickly transition into an key managerial role within the North America Content and Events team
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- This role will offer broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. While there will be a substantial analytical component to this role, the role is also very much about ‘doing’ and rapidly implementing ideas which can drive GLG forwards. The ideal candidate may quickly transition into a role as a key executive to drive major transformation. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- P&L growth levers: leverage data and experience to identify levers to grow the Product P&L and help generate buy-in for driving initiatives
- Framework development: Develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making
- Data gathering and analysis: Identify and access key data sources to put a fact base behind the analytical frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Presentation preparation and development: Develop written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Project management: Lead and coordinate multiple resources across the company to execute key strategic projects
- Drive and implement change: Work closely with GLG operations and other teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university and MBA or other advanced degree.
- 4-6 years of experience within a tier 1 management consultancy, additional work experience desirable
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Experience of conducting high quality research
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Ability to project manage large teams and drive transformation
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Good facility with Excel and Powerpoint
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.