The Account Manager is a key client-facing role on GLG’s Professional Services team that plays a vital part in GLG’s relationship with Professional Services Firms (PSFs)/Consulting firms in India. The Account Manager engages & manages client relationships within the consulting segment, helping them fully realize the value of GLG’s platform. They will have responsibility to develop both large and mid-sized firms, collaborating with a team of research professionals across multiple offices to bring new product ideas to market.
The Account Manager’s core responsibility set includes (but not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels within a Professional Services Firm in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition.
- Collaborate with GLG’s India research teams to retain and grow existing client relationships.
- Develop an account map for key accounts to help execute against a high-revenue growth imperative and increased profitability;
- Plan for and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of clients;
- Collaborate with colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market.
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and new business.
Key performance metrics for this role include global account performance to revenue target, personal performance to target, effectiveness and frequency of senior-level client engagement, and adoption by clients of GLG’s service. They will manage existing relationships, drive engagement and product adoption and, in time, build a new business pipeline in the Professional Services Firms’ segment. The Account Manager will report to the Business Development Leader in India. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals. Significant room exists for the Relationship Manager to accelerate GLG’s growth in this segment by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with users at existing client firms.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4 -7 years of demonstrated success engaging with customers in a sophisticated environment
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A tenacity to engage clients by telephone and in person
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
- Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.