The Senior Research Associate will work within the Private Equity business unit, focusing on accounts located in Spain. The main role of the Senior Research Associate will initially be to support senior colleagues with their client’s customised research projects and to quickly build up client facing skills to directly work on Nordic-based client’s customized research projects and work directly with GLG Council Members. They will be an integral part of the team, contributing to GLG’s event product which includes Live Meetings, Webcasts, and Teleconferences, and supporting the client service team in the growth and development of the business.
The Senior Research Associate programme involves a fast-paced progression through our global market-making operation. Senior Research Associates gain exposure to a wide array of cutting-edge business topics, thought leaders, and decision-makers. The programme places an imperative on developing strong business acumen, time-management skills, and practical communication skills. Senior Research Associates make an immediate impact by liaising with key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
GLG Senior Research Associate is responsible for:
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Research Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Senior Research Associate will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across EMEA. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration.The Senior Research Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Interest in financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and
- 1+ years of work experiences as client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, market research, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the project-related sector.
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product management.
- Ability to identify best match/solution of requests/questions and to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.