GLG is the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, comprising more than 600,000 thought leaders and practitioners, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and the top subject matter specialists. We serve users at more than 1,400 client companies in 40 countries. These clients include Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and the leading professional services firms and financial institutions.
Join our Legal Economic Regulatory Affairs (LERA) team in London to help our clients decipher the impact of political, regulatory, and legal developments across industries.
This individual will be responsible for working with clients and investment professionals in our EMEA Financial Services business. As such, they will work closely with the local GLG team in facilitating primary research via engagements with some of the world’s leading politicians, economists, lawyers, and former government and international officials.
The Senior Research Associate role involves a fast-paced progression through our global market-making operation. Senior Research Associates gain exposure to a wide array of cutting-edge business topics, thought leaders, and decision-makers. The programme places an imperative on developing strong business acumen, time-management skills, and practical communication skills. Senior Research Associates make an immediate impact by liaising with key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
GLG Senior Research Associate is responsible for:
- Support the client facing team. The Senior Research Associate will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Research Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Assist in the programming of live meetings. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the client facing team organise and host small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Senior Research Associate will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across EMEA. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration. The Senior Research Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Interest in both current affairs and financial services
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- 2+ years of work experiences as client-facing or Analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, market research, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the project-related sector.
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product management.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
- Ability to identify best match/solution of requests/questions and to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.