GLG Content Managers serve as internal thought leaders around GLG’s capabilities in a given sector, driving innovative content and bespoke event programming for our clients and leading the growth of our Councils of key executives.
You will be the right candidate if you are passionate about Healthcare (HC) and enjoy the challenge of programming and hosting in-person and virtual content for financial services clients. GLG works with many of the world’s leading hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds so this is a unique opportunity to deliver custom insights and learning engagements to a highly sophisticated client base.
You take responsibility for the work you do and are proactive in seeking opportunities to grow. You care about engaging in meaningful, impactful work and you hold yourself to a higher standard.
You forge meaningful relationships. You are responsive, insightful, and are excited by the mandate to delight your clients. You approach a problem with an open mind and revel in a creative solution.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Building relationships with key thought leaders in the HC space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content, including roundtables, teleconferences, webcasts, facility tours, conference events, and panels
- Programming and hosting in-person and virtual events between HC thought leaders and GLG clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions
- Interviewing GLG council members for custom transcripts on key HC topics for our GLG transcript library
- Building on existing industry expertise to become an internal expert on HC across the following sub-sectors: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Medical Devices, as well as Life Science Tools and Reagents, Hospital and Healthcare Services and Healthcare IT
- Contributing to the design, development, positioning and marketing of our HC solutions/products
- Partnering with HC-focused clients on bespoke solutions and contribute to new product innovation
- Leveraging content for prospecting new clients in partnership with sales team and spearheading user engagement strategy for HC clients in partnership with client solutions team
- Opportunity to support a portfolio of HC specific clients/users directly alongside client solutions team
- Developing a thorough understanding of the GLG compliance framework specific to the interaction with HC experts to protect the integrity of client engagements.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2-4 years relevant experience in HC equity research or 5+ years in a HC specialist role within a market research or consultancy firm
- The ideal candidate would also have a doctorate degree (PhD) in a medical or life sciences subject
- Desire and ability to program and host in-person and virtual events on industry themes and individual company names within the HC sector, with a focus on content relevant to financial services clients that invest in publicly-traded companies (Public Equity)
- Ability to identify and recruit senior HC thought leaders into the GLG councils, including the top physicians in a specific field (key opinion leaders) and C-level executives across the HC industry
- Ability to “connect the dots” between trending topics and investor priorities, build events based on these issues, and position and market these events to clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients.
- Successful candidate will be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate comfortably with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
- Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, judgment and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.