GLG is looking for an experienced professional for the role of Research Manager in our European Financial Services. The role will entail working with Fixed income clients, serving as their specialized client service manager, and will report to an Engagement Team Leader within the segment. Research Managers design and facilitate customized research products, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Be a leader on a high performing research team, supporting key client accounts
- Facilitate timely educational interactions between our experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed business decisions with confidence
- Own accountability and responsibility for a full book of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects
- Innovate around products and services that will lead to growth in usage and revenue from your clients, and work with Research, Sales, and Product teams to bring ideas to fruition
Client Service & Membership Management:
- Deliver world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm, and serve as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG
- Promote a culture around custom recruiting by attracting new Council Members to participate in time-sensitive engagements
- Establish and foster strong relationships with GLG’s primary asset, our Council Members, to build loyalty and to create meaningful consulting engagements for them
- Build and maintain relationships with key users at client firms including senior level executives
- Thoughtfully promoting top experts within sector specialization, both internally and externally
- Partnering with compliance and product teams to innovate around our platform to minimize friction for clients and experts
Market Trends & Product Innovation:
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the fixed income market through industry news sources, client and industry expert engagement, and by leveraging existing networks and associations
- Generate ideas, innovate around products, and generally develop cutting-edge product offerings for our clients
Compliance & Confidentiality:
- Exercise flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements
- Clearly communicate to clients and Council Members the integrity and value of GLG’s compliance platform
- Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements and train new employees in those procedures
- Suggest innovation around GLG’s compliance platform to minimize friction for clients and/or experts, and work with compliance and product teams to execute
- Manage key strategic initiatives as requested by GLG leadership
- Work in collaborative interoffice teams to grow and promote client relationships
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Remain calm under pressure
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth for both the business and GLG professionals
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team and manage others
- Demonstrate the ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Have an understanding and awareness of financial markets, particularly the fixed income space
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in a client-facing role, or commensurate experience in consulting, financial markets, executive recruiting, or relevant industry
- Proven track record in people management, talent development, training, phone based outreach, sales, or recruitment
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills in EMEA region
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.