The Private Equity Specialist Solutions Manager offers a unique opportunity to become an expert in the dynamics of the European private equity markets while simultaneously building senior relationships with industry experts. Key performance metrics for the role include expanding penetration of the deal specialist service line in existing clients, proactive identification of transactions in Europe, as well as the ability to deploy a collaborative process alongside the private equity sales and client solutions coverage teams.
The Private Equity Specialist Solutions Manager will report to a senior leader in London on the private equity client solutions team. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Identify & track all relevant private equity transactions in Europe through industry news sources, GLG experts & clients.
- Assess priorities for GLG’s client base and lead the knowledge bank across the team.
- Map value chain of each deal and identify potential world class executive advisors.
- Build relationships for GLG with executives across sectors, geographies and seniorities.
- Collaborate with EMEA wide research teams to identify inbound net.
- Work development opportunities.
- Utilize GLG’s growing network size to unlock unique/proprietary advisor introductions & referrals and identify suitable end clients.
- Build processes to deliver this consistently at scale.
- Scale distribution across GLG’s private equity clients with the aim of substantively increasing participation on transactions in the European PE market.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
The ideal candidate will have post graduate experience in an executive search environment, consultative sales within financial services or within the professional services segment focused on Private Equity.
- Candidates will need proven stakeholder management experience, the ability to engage expert at a senior level and have a demonstrated interest in understanding private equity. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
- Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates will naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
Additional Candidate Qualifications Include:
- 3-5 years’ professional experience
- PE business and sector knowledge
- Understanding of business models, value chains and drivers within markets
- A track record of building internal relationships at all levels
- The ability to think laterally across different PE client types and strategies
- Comfort working autonomously with frequent moments of collaboration in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Additional language skills a strong preference
- Graduate degree would be considered an advantage
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.