GLG is seeking an Analyst on the Finance team to partner with our business units to accelerate top and bottom-line growth and drive strategy initiatives alongside Business Development and Client Solutions leaders across EMEA. This individual will be a solid individual contributor in the EMEA finance organization, reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance and located in our London office.
This position will provide thoughtful business intelligence, analysis and reporting to measure business performance and drive growth acceleration strategies across the EMEA markets. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate exceptional business acumen, maturity and relationship-building capabilities. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and communications skills. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple high-priority projects, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial, can-do, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Performance Management – Develop deep understanding of the business and operations on the ground, current trends and strengths and weaknesses of each distinct business line and market. Develop key business performance metrics, and build and maintain real-time automated monitoring tools and dashboards to inform senior management of the health of the business. Prepare and continuously refine the monthly reporting of performance, revenue, cost and P&Ls for different segments of the business. Work closely with the Senior Manager to act as the champion to drive a performance culture in the region.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage mid- and long-range business plans for the EMEA business units, including the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year plan process. Develop and maintain reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, applying judgment and knowledge of historical performance and trends. Own the regular financial plan update process, including all financial drivers, KPIs, and staffing plans, and investments needed to achieve these results.
- Operating and Strategic – Assist with various operating and strategic initiatives outside of the typical finance function, including pushing automated reporting and performing other ad hoc analyses. Enable and coordinate business intelligence efforts, working alongside Accounting on the revenue recognition and sales operations processes.
- Presentations – Assist with producing regular performance management materials to update senior management, and creating periodic board presentations regarding business and finance performance to be viewed by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree or higher from a top tier university
- Excellent academic track record including 2:1 or above at university and AAA or above in A levels (including quantitative subjects such as Mathematics and Physics)
- Meaningful work experience of 1-2 years, ideally in finance, management consulting or other highly analytical business or strategy role
- Consistently proactive and tenacious, and able to work in an organized and independent matter with strong sense of responsibility
- Analytic agility and creativity, with strong technical skills and ability to develop and deliver key insights and recommendations
- Excellent database skills including SQL and Salesforce
- Excellent modeling and Excel skills – ability to build efficient, scalable, and intuitive models. Devotion to accuracy, integrity and consistency of data and models
- Excellent Powerpoint skills with commitment to create thoughtful communications and visually attractive presentations
- Experience with Anaplan, Python and Tableau (or other business intelligence tools) is nice to have
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple high priority projects at the same time
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.