The Vice President (VP) of Sales for GLG EMEA’s Tech and Growth business will be responsible for managing and growing business relationships with the existing client base across the EMEA region and driving new business with leading Software, Hardware, Telecom, Payments, and Information Services companies.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for assigned territory that executes against a high-revenue growth imperative and increased profitability
- Plan for and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of clients and prospects
- Spearhead enterprise-level contract negotiations at both existing client organizations and prospects
- Engage key constituents at client accounts as a thought partner, with a heavy focus on senior-level decision makers, in order to understand these clients’ work, differentiate
- GLG’s brand, and tailor value proposition to these critical buyers
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across GLG’s organization, particularly with
- stakeholders on client servicing teams, Finance, and Marketing
- Provide real-time analysis of account activity, usage trends, and company development of new products
- Articulate the value of our expert network, professional services, and client-facing software systems to clients
Key performance metrics for this role include:
- Performance to closed deals and revenue target
- Effectiveness of senior-level client engagement
- Client adoption of new products and systems
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years of work experience in an Account Management/Sales role in relevant industries such as Technology or Information Services
- A clear track record of sales excellence
- Demonstrated success selling information services and solutions to clients
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships
- Strong teamwork and stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to travel and work among a global team of professionals
- A passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Resilience/strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- The highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours and lead others to do the same
- A creative and entrepreneurial mind-set; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- A demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Bachelors degree or above or equivalent experience
- Full business proficiency in English
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.