Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Greater Beijing-based Vice President, Business Development to support the development and growth of new equity clients, and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships with private equity institutions. The professional will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on China client relationships, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase Research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities and hosting GLG exclusive Events in China, and growing GLG’s client base.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and grow existing book of clients in the private equity market and drive commercial result by providing research solutions in the form of phone consultations, private meetings, advisory work, survey, and other in-depth solutions.
- Understand client’s business and demand from key users from entire deal cycle perspective, mapping client’s needs with GLG products to pursuit in-depth business opportunities.
- Drive end to end products related engagements to collaborate with client solution team
- Establish solution-based thought partnership with private equity clients of the firm. Plan and hold client optimizations, formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Identify, prospect, and qualify potential new clients
- Manage the commercials of the book including contracting, revenue and margin management, and resolving legal & compliance issues
- Support Private Equity Segment Leader in strategic initiatives
- Partner with client solutions and council development team to deliver best-in-class research solutions
- Support the hosting of GLG roundtables, conferences, and teleconferences
- Enhance GLG brand and build entrenched relationships in the financial service industry in Greater China
Ideal applicants should have the following attributes:
- 10 - 15 years of experience in business development, account management, or other client facing functions, ideally in financial service or professional service industries
- Demonstrated track record with growing institutional client base and winning new businesses.
- Experience in building thought partnership and offering consultative solutions to enterprise clients
- Experience building relationships with senior executives, particularly in the financial service industry
- Outstanding communication skills with both external and internal parties; capable of liaising effectively with global counterparts
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who demonstrate these merits:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.