User Experience Manager, Council Management
The User Experience Manager, Council Management is tasked with increasing key performance indicators for specific populations of GLG’s Council. He/she will partner closely with Member Solutions, Product, Engineering, Data, Client Solutions, and Marketing teams to improve Council Member experience and value, while optimizing for business impact aligned to GLG’s and Council Management’s overarching strategy.
The User Experience Manager will need to develop a solid understanding of the key value and engagement drivers of various council populations throughout the Council Member’s end-to-end lifecycle, and work cross-departmentally to prioritize how and when to manage those drivers.
The preferred candidate will be driven, collaborative, and data savvy, able to make data-driven decisions that optimize the experience of Council Members as well as impact to the business.
The User Experience Manager, Council Management will be responsible for the following:
- End-to-end population management:
- Quantify demand for and supply of existing Council Members based on the needs of the business units
- Determine best approach for recruiting new or surfacing existing Council Members based on demand/supply gap analysis
- Develop population-specific engagement and retention strategy to remove roadblocks and ensure Council Members are discoverable and ready/willing to engage with GLG’s clients
- Optimizing Council Member and Client Experience: Partner with Client Solutions, Data, Product, Engineering, and Member Solutions to leverage and connect-the-dots of other council-member-related initiatives for stronger internal collaboration and better CM/Client experience
- Gathering learnings and disseminating best practices: Take lessons learned from managing specific populations and meeting needs of business units, and share with broader Council Management team for developing into best practices that can be incorporated to other populations or the Council as a whole.
- Council Member advocacy: Represent the voice of the Council Members, working with the Members Solutions team and the rest of Council Management, and serving as a thought partner to business and product leaders in creating and delivering a best-in-class experience to the customer.
- Increase population engagement as measured by accept rates and other KPIs
- Reduce missed demand for the population, working with the business units to measure and track.
- Increase number of unique Council Members actively contributing to captured demand, as measured by utilization rate of the population.
- Increase Council Member satisfaction of the population, balanced with client outcomes.
- 5+ years’ experience in product/marketing/program management capacity
- Strong SQL experience writing and editing database queries, with high comfort learning new database structures
- Uses data along with quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze problems and results
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent facility with Excel required
- Experience and comfort with PowerPoint
- Experience managing user engagement within a membership-based company/product is preferred
- Self-starter and intellectually curious
- Effective collaborator and communicator who has driven cross-departmental change
- Identifies and articulates issues across the organization (specifically Product, Marketing, and Client Solutions) relating to categories inclusive of customer acquisition, conversion, retention, and engagement
- Undergraduate degree required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.