We are seeking a Strategic Projects Manager to join Strategic Projects which is part of the wider Strategic Solutions team. You will be supporting a range of industrial, life sciences, and private equity clients on a number of strategic topics, including but not limited to market mapping, voice-of-customer, commercial due diligence, and growth strategy engagements. We are looking for strategy consultants with some corporate experience who possess a strong fundamental consulting toolkit with an appetite to accelerate their development on business development and product management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Dual role supporting all aspects of client project scoping, development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e. similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Develop and grow the Strategic Projects business through internal cross Business Unit collaboration
- Exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations
- Responsible for managing, coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Regular exposure to the regional GLG senior management team and broader organization, and opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients
- The position will report to one of the Associate VPs/VPs of Strategic Projects who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. Strategic Projects is one of the fastest growing business units at GLG and creates significant opportunities for increasing responsibilities
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2-3 years’experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- 2-3 years’experience outside of consulting, preferably in a large industrial or life sciences company or a PE fund
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Exposure to private equity transactions and/or knowledge of middle-market private equity buy-outs
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Full business proficiency in English and Japanese
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.