We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant (Corporate Accounting) to join our team. We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual with excellent accounting knowledge as well as strong analytical and communication skills. This role will report to the Accounting Manager, and will focus primarily on facilitating the month-end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses for balance sheet accounts. The Staff Accountant will also support the Accounting department by contributing to the accurate and timely reporting of financial results to our internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to join our global organization with significant growth potential, for a qualified individual who shares our values of learning and curiosity, responsibility, fresh perspectives, and integrity.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare analyses and journal entries to facilitate the month-end close.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconciliation for various balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare supporting documentation as requested by audit firms.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audit of our consolidated results, as well as various international statutory audits for our global subsidiaries.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and requests.
- Opportunity for increased responsibilities depending on candidate’s experience and skill set, and as efficiencies are gained with existing processes.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience; experience at an accounting firm a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP; experience with IFRS a plus
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; this role is very hands on and requires someone who will “roll up their sleeves”
- Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships across the company’s operations
- Strong Excel skills required
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH policy due to the global pandemic, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.