GLG is seeking a bright motivated individual to work in our Accounting department on our Network Member (NM) payments team. GLG’s Network Member network is global, and this position assists in paying our NMs all over the world for the consulting services they provide to our clients. This individual should be confident in their ability to work independently within a multi-office environment and have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
The Associate, Network Member Payments will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in reviewing and processing our Network Member payments
- Review and post Network Member payments into the accounting system, Great Plains
- Work with our global banking partner in investigating and resolving payment issues
- Manage email communication with our Network Member facing team, answering all accounting related questions they may have
- Reissue lost or errant Network Member Payments
- Investigate payment system issues and work with the IT team to analyze and correct
- Contribute to reporting for Senior Management
- Find ways to increase efficiency both on the NM payments team and within the Accounting department
- Assist in general day to day accounting tasks
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience or relevant internship experience while in school
- Previous knowledge of accounting related systems
- Experience with MS Excel and working with spreadsheets
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Great Plains experience a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.