The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams
We are seeking a skilled research methods and data science expert with a strong quantitative background in primary market research. This position will consult with our Surveys project management teams as an expert in the areas of survey design, research design, and sophisticated data analysis. You will execute on active projects, train various teams on sophisticated approaches, partner with the reporting & delivery teams to optimize client deliverables, and consult with clients on projects.
You will report to the Head of Research Methods, who will oversee the development of new research methods within our globally facing Solutions team alongside other Operations functions. This is a fast-growing team within GLG, with a ton of opportunity to shape the future of GLG’s Strategic Solutions research methods and analysis capabilities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Design and execute analytical methods used in market research approaches, such as MaxDiff and Conjoint.
- Work on various side-projects, such as training on best-in-class survey design and writing white-papers and training modules.
- Partner with Reporting & Analytics and Operations teams to build more packaged solutions and pricing strategy, align reporting outputs to methodology types, and improve quality/consistency/standardization of deliverables.
- Train, mentor, and certify the business units and Reporting & Analytics team on advanced methods & best practices.
- Support in client discussions/proposals related to data science and advanced methodologies to address client needs.
- Engage in complex projects to identify enhancements to methodology and reporting and contribute to final QC on complex engagements to assure quality of final deliverables.
- Expand the use of council-members for quantitative research engagements to build capacity & leverage.
- Manage 1-2 less-experienced research methods team-members.
You will possess most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or social sciences area of focus.
- At least 5 years of custom market research experience with emphasis on research methods & analytics.
- A detailed knowledge of various research methodologies, sampling design, data integration, statistics & multivariate analysis, and advanced analytical methods is required.
- Must be proficient in a selection of modern data analysis tools, such as Q, SPSS, R, Python, SQL, Sawtooth.
- Experience designing research and writing/presenting marketing research insights to clients.
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients across scoping, deep methods consultation, and presenting research findings.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues & clients.
- Comfortable learning, applying, and teaching new technologies and methods.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.