Senior Dynamics GP System Administrator
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG’s Enterprise Transformation team continually improves and evolves GLG's workflows, data and systems. As a member of the team, you will take the leading role in managing the day to day operations of GLG’s corporate financial systems. Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Transformation, you’ll be responsible for business requirement discovery and analysis, software installation, software upgrades, software configuration, data migration, data integration, training, and end-user support of GLG’s Dynamics GP ERP. You will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams across accounting, finance, helpdesk, business intelligence, and engineering, etc., to ensure the smooth operations of GLG’s financial systems.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support all aspects of software or hardware including routine maintenance, installs, updates, patches, customizations, integrations, etc. including 3rd party applications for Dynamics GP (GL, AP, AR, SOP, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- Serve as the project lead for financial systems enhancements and updates, including the development, management, and adherence to project plans around activities that impact financial systems
- Work with IT Ops, Engineering, and Corporate Controller’s teams to identify and address production issues and business process-related enhancements
- Document existing processes, workflows, and business process-related enhancements. Conduct end-user training development and delivery
- Consult with external vendors to resolve issues requiring additional analysis or development
- Troubleshoot and resolve daily support tickets, including escalation to other IT groups and external vendors
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with Dynamics GP (2015 or newer) supporting GP as an administrator in a global company with users located across different time-zones
- Previous experience with 2 successful upgrades of moving Dynamics GP to a newer version
- Must have experience with MS SQL Server 2017, SSIS, and a good understanding of the Great Plains table structure
- Deep understanding of the following GP modules: General Ledger, Multicurrency Management, Sales Order Processing, Fixed Assets, Bank Reconciliation, Financial Reporting and Multidimensional Analysis
- Experience with SSRS, FRx and Management Reporter, ReportWriter, SmartList Builder, SmartConnect, Integration Manager, eXtender enterprise, eConnect API, Webservices is required
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Agile principles is preferred
- Experience integrating with SFDC, Concur, Anaplan (FP&A), etc. or experience with iPaaS tools such as Dell Boomi or Workato is preferred
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.