Senior Business Development Manager, GLG Institute
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG Institute is transforming the way the world’s top executives share expertise, learn, and accelerate success, by providing bespoke peer to peer learning and development programs for our executive clients. Senior executives learn most effectively through conversation with other professionals who can share relevant experience and hard-won perspectives. GLG Institute creates those conversations to ensure our clients meet their goals and objectives, by recruiting the world’s best operators, leaders, and policy makers to serve as Advisors to our GLG Institute Members.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join GLG Institute in a highly exciting opportunity responsible for the commercial success of the GLG Institute business. This includes shaping and lead the global membership development strategy for GLG Institute, and managing the business’s sales performance in closing annual membership agreements with senior executives at new and existing client organizations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Help lead a scrappy, “start-up” business to sustainable growth within a more-established platform business.
- Design a GLG Institute user-centric sales strategy that drives P&L-neutral revenue growth for global membership development.
- Learn and understand the nuances of both Relationship Management and Sales to a comprehensive create go-to-market approaches (sales, marketing) and proposed service model improvements that reflect the needs and economic potential of client user segments
- Work with prospective clients to effectively diagnose their needs, communicate the value proposition, and close annual membership agreements.
- Identify and allocate resources toward top prospects, renew key accounts, mitigate downgrade risks.
- Lead account pipeline and performance review to drive new client acquisition and renewals.
- Drive culture of commercial orientation and accountability throughout the organization.
- Develop account maps and prospect profiles, to deeply understand enterprise networks, prospect needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Mentor a direct report and other partners on best practices, including meeting preparedness, building collateral, managing sales funnel, and communicating the value proposition / offering.
- Partner with internal teams (e.g. Relationship Management, Events, Advisor Relations) and other key contacts (e.g. Chairmen, Advisors, Members, GLG Institute Advocates) on various initiatives and tasks such as refining the GLG Institute’s value proposition, outline action plans, obtain referrals, and quickly engage qualified prospects/leads.
- Work with internal teams to develop and implement multi-channel external communications, including sales campaigns, event invitations, website and LinkedIn content, case studies, and marketing materials to continually build and increase brand awareness.
- Schedule prospect meetings, and ensure ideal influencers are engaged appropriately to advocate for GLG Institute.
- Consistently measure and monitor progress against plan, publish business metrics, identify signals, gaps, opportunities and recommend specific actions, initiatives, and/or investments to address as appropriate.
- Incubate new initiatives and measure their progress to identify the ones with ability to scale.
- Serve as a key ambassador and spokesman for GLG Institute in building the brand.
- Act as “Player Coach” in owning responsibility for key activities and mentoring your direct report with goals of professional development, increased responsibility, and enhanced effectiveness.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 3 years of “hunter” sales experience, along with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to “close” new business, including enterprise (e.g. multi-user) relationships; and the ability to expand the size (e.g. add users) of existing relationships
- Knowledge of the Healthcare and/or Life Sciences industry is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to sell to senior executive prospects.
- Experience creating and/or enhancing scalable, and repeatable sales processes.
- An attractor and cultivator of top talent, with experience and aptitude for mentoring, coaching, and people management.
- Competitive drive to consistently exceed quotas and goals.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator strongly desired.
- An undergrad degree required.
Must be collaborative and comfortable with leading and influencing cross-functional teams in a dynamic start-up environment.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.