Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Senior Associate to support the GLG Public Equities Client Solutions team in Hong Kong. The Senior Associate will help to drive the growth of GLG’s business and grow their client base, through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfil their primary research needs.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the client facing team. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Greater China Public Team based in Hong Kong, to provide clients with thorough and timely project support, the Senior Associate is expected to handle multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts, and working with internal partners to develop customized interactions for clients. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations, but also may consist of in-depth engagements, in-person interaction, survey and tour, etc.
- Assist in the programming of live/virtual meetings. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the client facing team organise and host small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients and programme private meetings for GLG Council Members at client offices.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing and managing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Senior Associate will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG Public Equity clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across APAC. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, telephone interactions, and overall account management.
- Team-wide collaboration. The Senior Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team, as well as other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Fluency in Business Mandarin and/or Japanese is an added bonus
- Curiosity about the financial markets, including trends and white spaces
- Able to write, speak and present succinctly to deliver investment theses/ideas
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as information services, B2B sale, business services, market research, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the project-related sector
- Successful track record working in a team environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.