Senior Analyst, Enterprise Reporting & Business Intelligence
Experience Level: MidApply Now
The Enterprise Reporting and Business Intelligence team bridges the gap between data engineering and business end-users by creating actionable reports and dashboards that consolidate and analyze large sets of data into visualizations that communicate a clear persuasive story.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Enterprise Reporting & Business Intelligence team, who will support GLG’s global lines of business by proficiently utilizing the application of experimental design, research, statistics, dashboards, and storytelling presentations to enable data-driven business decision-making. This includes synthesizing raw data into meaningful insights which will be communicated and presented to business leaders using Looker. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, with exposure to a variety of business units.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with various business units to identify and understand their pain points, business needs, and process gaps, as well as partner with Data Engineering to translate business needs into actionable requirements
- Approve analytic validation and application of data transformations to accurately promote recommendations into business processes
- Drive Looker adoption across our global lines of business
- Establish the team as subject matter experts in data visualization across departments
- Train end-users on Looker and how to translate raw data into actionable reports
- Investigate and evaluate reports. Automate these reports into self-refreshing Looker dashboards
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of professional experience using data analysis and visualization to influence executive-level decision making in consulting or other applicable backgrounds (analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, client-facing, collaborative) strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in translating business questions into actionable requirements, analyses, and visualizations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are required to become a trusted partner to business leaders, which includes being able to quickly isolate and prioritize the main issues and supporting drivers of those issues
- Must be able to influence and drive action without direct reporting responsibility
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the leading Enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, QlikView, Power BI)
- Proficiency in SQL is required. Experience in Python or R strongly preferred
- Strong training, presentation, and documentation skills
- Experience in business process analysis and data architecture/modeling skills
- Knowledge of Git highly preferred
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.