GLG is seeking driven candidates for our Recruiting Specialist position on our Professional Services Firms (PSF) team in Dublin, Ireland. The Professional Services Firms team connects top consulting, advertising, public relations, and market research firms with GLG’s expert Council Members on a variety of topics across the globe, every day. The method of consultation typically involves an ad-hoc paid telephone interaction between the client and the expert.
As a Recruiting Specialist you will be responsible for adding ‘new’ experts to GLG’s existing Council Membership of 700,000 thought leaders and practitioners including business leaders, academics, former public sector leaders, and foremost subject matter specialists to advise our clients on their most pressing business challenges and questions. You will own the process of sourcing experts, connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new expert Council Members, ranging from recruiting an expert in a few hours to sourcing ten luxury watch buyers over three days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead Generation: Finding relevant experts based on project specifications by using different online sources such as LinkedIn, Google, etc.
- Phone Pitching: Contacting and pitching to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s PSF client projects, using effective sales and recruiting techniques in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Target Oriented: Meeting and exceeding goals and metrics on multiple high priority recruiting projects, at any given time
- Accountability: Independently managing your Council Member recruiting pipeline covering sourcing, cold calling pitching, screening and ensuring they sign the terms to become a member
- Phone Screening: Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance and terms & conditions
- Collaboration: Working closely with the PSF client services team daily to track the overall project progress in tight time frames, depending on duration of project life cycle
- Compliance: Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values.
- Communication: Professional business communication, both written and verbal as the role requires persuading and negotiating with senior industry experts, i.e. CEO level and below.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Fluency in English and German is required
- Six to eighteen months experience in sales and / or recruiting
- High motivation to exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial goals
- Confidence in making 30+ outbound cold calls each day
- Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage bottlenecks and consistently close recruits
- Hustle, intensity, and a can-do attitude
- Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching in a fast-paced environment
In the first three months you will
- Complete GLG’s CDA training program
- Techniques to find key profiles using many online sources, for example LinkedIn Recruiter, Google, etc.
- Learn the fundamentals of best-in-class recruiting best practices
- Receive close-coaching and guidance from your manager and colleagues with the goal of expediting your development
In the first six months you will
- Start to independently manage the whole recruiting process (sourcing and onboarding)
- Learn how to manage conflicting priorities as you work on several varied and demanding projects
- Be able to negotiate with senior executives and have high-standards of pitching
As you develop and demonstrate best-in-class recruiting and project execution skills, you will after a year have the chance to progress to Senior Associate, where you will work alongside Team Leader and learn further skill set of interviewing candidates, mentoring through working with new hires, managerial skills, conducting training assessments etc.
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive base salary, plus monthly commission programme with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage and a contributory pension plan), generous vacation and holiday schedule.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.