The Pricing team provides a one-stop shop for all commercial activities, partnering with Business Development to fully monetize the value GLG delivers to its clients while consistently evolving and optimizing GLG’s pricing methodology.
We’re seeking a Pricing Analyst to join the International team. You will employ your analytical toolkit, problem-solving skills, and commercial acumen to improve GLG’s profitability and continually evolve our pricing strategy.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Execute the current pricing strategy
- Drawing on your data analysis skills and your acquired contextual knowledge of our business and its key drivers, you will partner with Account Executives and Business Unit management to provide timely and creative pricing recommendations and ad hoc pricing scenarios analysis
- Evolve pricing reporting and data architecture (in collaboration with our BI/engineering teams)
- Own and refine existing reporting and relevant data production processes
- Identify which data needs to be captured, how it needs to be stored and accessed, and how it should be visualized and consumed by different levels of stakeholders
- Improve the firm-wide pricing tools
- Further develop existing pricing tool kit that will provide foundation for Business Development self-serve mechanisms
- Contribute to our approach to pricing
- Using historical data, real-time feedback from our salesforce, competitive intelligence, and your own analytical insights, you will continually contribute to our definition of success for pricing, the factors that drive it, the different strategies for achieving it, and how we incentivize it
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution, preferably with a major in a quantitative field (e.g., Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science)
- 1-3 years of professional experience in either:
- A highly quantitative problem-solving environment like investment banking, consulting, FP&A, corporate strategy and/or sales strategy
- A business analyst role with heavy emphasis on data cleaning, transformation, modelling, and visualization
- Fluency in Excel, SQL, and one or more of the common data science languages (e.g., Python preferred, R, Julia, Scala); Solid understanding of statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, predictive models) a plus
- Experience within a market-facing or commercial business partnering role preferred (because data models only take you so far when there are people in the equation)
- Ability to synthesize numerous data-backed conclusions into a succinct story that clearly identifies the main drivers and recommended action steps
- Comfort with, and even passion for, having the data prove your hypotheses wrong
- Self-starter mentality who thrives on being given the autonomy to derive insights, suggest paths of action, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Fanatical level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships, using your emotional intelligence and persuasion skills rather than direct authority to influence day-to-day pricing decisions
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.