Manager, Network Operations Project Management
Network Management at GLG
The mission of Network Management is to build and manage a best in-class network for GLG’s clients. The Network Management team is dedicated to collaborating with teams across the organization to solve systemic issues within the Network Member (NM) experience and maximize outcomes for NMs and Clients to ensure GLG’s network of experts is second to none.
Network Management owns the NM asset, growth strategy, CRM strategy, and value proposition, and co-ordinates policies and protocols across the business in close collaboration with the BU and Technology teams.
The Network Operations Program Manager is a key member of the GLG Network Management team, and reports to the Director, Network Management.
The goals of Network Operations are to:
- Enable real-time visibility of NM initiatives across GLG
- Ensure a single view across all Network Management efforts for both the Network Managment team as well as key internal stakeholders
- Implement standards and best industry practices for Operations and Program Management
- Align initiatives and projects with business objectives and defined project goals
- Support business decision making
The Network Operations Program Manager (NOPM) will support the growing Network Management team and will be responsible for managing systemic Network initiative project workflows and progress, tracking of all efforts, and reporting across multiple project areas and types. The NOPM will act as the main liaison between cross-functional teams on Network projects, including (but not limited to) the Member Solutions, BU Operations, Marketing, and Tech/Product teams. The NOPM develops and implements best practices to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of change projects to stakeholders across the business.
Main high-level responsibilities of the include: scoping and business case management; program vision development; stakeholder management; portfolio management; project planning and milestone management; risk and issue management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be ROI management, as well as regular analysis and reporting of results, including maintaining and reporting on dashboards.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Operational and strategic objective management
- Ensure that the programs and portfolios are aligned to operational and strategic objectives
- Define and prioritize projects ln line with short- and long-term business goals
- Ensure program dependencies are defined, managed, and documented and align funding and support resources against initiatives
- Design and track program and portfolio performance KPIs
- Analyze program impact and success to determine future state and identify risks and opportunities
Project governance framework
- Establish frameworks and standards for business plan execution, program and project management
- Ensure reporting access so that the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions
- Manage projects and resources efficiently and within the planned time and budget
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting, Financial Management, Change Management across the project portfolio
Management reporting, Including:
- Regular status and impact reporting to all levels of the business
- Status of milestones and deliverables across the portfolio
- Financial information about the budget, forecast, actuals, margins, etc.
- Project risks and progress on mitigating these risks
- Operational efficiency and project performance
- Program-related KPI information
- Cost-benefit analyses to support business case development and the implementation of projects
- 3-5 years of relevant Operations/Project Management experience.
- Experience and certifications in any of the following – or similar programs - are highly desirable: Project Management Institute: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, The American Academy of Project Management (AAPM) has modeled the Master Project Manager(MPM)
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and program plans, including tracking risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong analytics skill and familiarity with Excel required
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
- Experience in defining and delivering benefits for projects and programs
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.