GLG is seeking driven candidates to join our Membership Recruiting (known internally as Council Development) team who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a performance-driven, merit-based, and team-oriented environment.
Membership Recruiters know how to make the right connections with the right people in a short time frame. In this sales-like role, you will be responsible for recruiting new executives and industry professionals for time-sensitive consulting engagements into our database of subject matter experts and will be working in partnership with our Client Solutions teams to ensure that we delight our clients. You will have ongoing trainings and mentorship that will set you up for success to exceed weekly and monthly performance targets. Successful recruiters master professional and transferable skills such as: sourcing, funnel management, professional communication, phone presence, workload balancing, and time management.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Full life-cycle recruiting – including but not limited to: sourcing leads, performing various types of outreach, pitching GLG’s business model, and working with internal stakeholders to delight clients
- Meeting and exceeding goals across multiple recruiting projects at any given time
- Independently managing your recruiting pipeline
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance, and terms & conditions
- Aligning with the Client Solutions team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight time frames and short project life-cycles
- Excelling in a fast-paced and competitive environment where performance is tracked and transparent
- Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values
You will have most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in pursuing a sales-like role (experience in inside sales, recruiting, or fundraising is a plus, but not required)
- High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial quotas
- Confidence in making outbound cold calls and other various outreach methods
- Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage resistance and consistently close recruits
- Ability to quickly digest and implement feedback and coaching
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
- Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings) outside of the traditional workday, as needed based on client needs
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, sales-like commission structure, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH policy due to the global pandemic, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.