GLG Solutions connects clients across with all industries with data driven insights using our B2B panels built from the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. We offer market insights by providing access to our industry-leading expert panel, as well as full-service custom market research project management and quality review based. Our team of quantitative market research specialists support all phases of a client engagement, from scoping and questionnaire design to panel selection, quality review, and data interpretation and visualization to meet our client’s objectives.
GLG’s Corporate Solutions business help companies across a wide variety of industries (including Technology, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, etc) by providing them with the insights that they need to handle the critical strategy decisions they face. The team leverages its Survey and Projects capabilities along with the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise to deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner.
GLG is seeking a people and research leader to help drive success for its Solutions business, focused on serving our technology, media, and telecommunications clients. This person is responsible for helping to design research projects for GLG’s sophisticated client base, and for overseeing a team to carry out those projects to extremely high standards. Typically, GLG research projects are designed to help clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation. You will lead a team of early-career research professionals, helping to ensure consistent and excellent service for GLG’s clients. Collaboration with internal partners, as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base, will be crucial for success. You are motivated to employ research design at a fast pace across a wide variety of topics, helping young professionals grow and excel, while owning and growing client relationships. The role will report to the Corporate Solutions VP, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the execution and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s clients
- Support commercial success client interaction and excellent project delivery
- Train and support early-career research professionals
- Work with clients and internal partners to increase awareness of and confidence in GLG QI’s capabilities
- Develop, implement, and enforce best practices for project execution while developing a team of project managers and associates
- Monitor and own responsibility for the health of key client accounts
You will have most of the following:
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 5+ years of market research or similar experience
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research methodologies and capabilities
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- A demonstrated strong understanding of technology and telecommunication industries a plus
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH policy due to the global pandemic, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.