GLG Solutions connects clients across with all industries with data driven insights using our B2B panels built from the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. We offer market insights by providing access to our industry-leading expert panel, as well as full-service custom market research project management and quality review based. Our team of quantitative market research specialists support all phases of a client engagement, from scoping and questionnaire design to panel selection, quality review, and data interpretation and visualization to meet our client’s objectives.
The Solutions Team is responsible for survey writing, programming, editing, fielding, and data compilation across various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types. The Solutions Team facilitates the execution of hundreds of surveys per month, working directly with clients to understand and meet their learning needs, often helping to qualify and quantify industry or market trends. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a keen analytic outlook. Successful Solutions Team members have a passion for creative problem solving, client service and project management.
GLG is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic senior engagement manager to join its Professional Services Firms team which includes a sophisticated client base of top-tier consulting firms, market research firms and agencies. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Solutions, you will be responsible for managing a team of project managers that create and execute survey projects and bespoke consulting services.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a small team of project managers with the design and facilitation of customized surveys targeting a wide variety of specialized topics and populations
- Creating effective partnerships across business functions, helping to advance relationships and outcomes within GLG
- Translating complex client problems into components and actionable research objectives
- Providing perspectives (methodology, industry, or client insights) to clients throughout the project lifecycle including the ability to direct to alternate or multiple methodologies where appropriate
- Developing and sharing differentiated insights through written publications, papers, case studies and internal GLG presentations.
- Proactively managing intake calls with Partners and VIPs demonstrating active listening skills that contribute to a deeper understanding of the client.
- Coaching others on the team different communication styles enabling them to respond effectively in different client scenarios.
- Navigating complex discussions, suggesting specific actions and identifying suitable next steps
- Strategic thinker, that can identify creative and innovative ideas to find new solutions and commercial growth opportunities.
- Contribute to and design account plans
- Drive service experiments to improve user experience
At a minimum, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 years of experience within client service and/or project management with a preference for a market research or consulting background
- 2 years of people management experience
We would love if you also have most of these qualifications:
- Experience or exposure with questionnaire and survey writing/programming (Decipher, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey or a similar platform)
- Superior writing, logic, and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating survey results to stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving environment
- Excellent conceptual and analytic skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize, identify, and solve problems
- Strong problem-solving skills, dedication, and patience allowing you to complete and rigorously review every stage of challenging project work
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours outside of the traditional workday, as needed (including evenings and weekends)
- Salary/Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary, eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Work Environment: GLG Americas is currently on a flexible working policy during the global pandemic. This means that while working in the office is not required at this time, all of our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full-service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.