Market Research Panel Management, Senior Associate
Experience Level: MidApply Now
The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams.
We are seeking a Senior Panel Management Associate to support and grow GLG’s Panel Feasibility & Procurement unit that sits within the larger Central Strategic Solutions team Operations team. You will be responsible for assessing the feasibility of potential client projects on a recurring ad-hoc basis by utilizing GLG’s Council of Experts, as well as 3rd party panel partners. This includes collaborating with GLG’s client-facing Surveys Project Management teams across our various regions and Business Units by providing accurate feasibility quotes, scoping populations, and field-monitoring. The Senior Panel Associate will primarily be responsible for one Business Unit and will report to the Director of Panel & Sample Management. GLG’s Panel & Sample Management team supports the execution of hundreds of surveys per month across various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Sample and Compliance leadership
- Accurate & timely feasibility assessment of GLG Council & 3rd Party assets
- Collaborating with our Project Managers and Panel colleagues to ensure that only authentic, accurately targeted, and quality sample is collected for all projects
- Clear understanding of GLG’s value proposition & of which Council of Experts segments are strongest
- Ability to speak to who the best 3rd Party panel partners are for specific regions, industries and Business Units
- Providing clear direction on feasibility blends of GLG Council & which 3rd Parties to use per project
- Partnering with dedicated Business Unit to strategically identify long-term population needs and deficiencies
- Ability to conduct thoughtful and insightful research into client scope, correctly identifying population N
- Responsible for quick and accurate turnaround on project bids to produce the best possible revenue margins with successful project recruitment
- Timely field management of competitive bids from 3rd Party panel
- Develop a reputation as a can-do and reliable resource with Project Managers
- Take feedback and direction from Panel & Business Unit manager to improve processes and execution
- Attending recurring Business Unit check-ins, providing a voice for Panel & guidance to Project Managers
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- At least a year of experience in market research, client delivery, project management, or vendor management experience
- Prior sample/panel management experience is preferred
- Experience coordinating/collecting and tracking bid, project and performance-metrics data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing external vendor relationships and individual projects a plus
- This position requires meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, passion for collaboration, creative problem-solving, and proactive project management.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.