Market Research Methodology Practice Area Lead, Market Sizing & Measurement
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
Location: Austin TX or NYC
GLG’s Strategic Solutions business is building out multiple practice areas within the Central Strategic Solutions Operations team to support our growing Surveys and Strategic Projects business. This new group will elevate GLG's research methodology expertise, upskill team-members across the organization, and streamline our offerings by building high-margin, high-impact research products. We are seeking a skilled research methods and data science expert with a strong quantitative background to lead the Market Sizing & Measurement Research Methodology practice area, which encompasses a bundle of research areas likely to include market understanding, A&U, market sizing, unmet needs assessment, and segmentation. As a result, you will form partnerships with key stakeholders across the business, owning the development and standardization of new quant, qual, and multi-mode offerings, train various teams, partner with adjacent teams to optimize workflow and build client deliverables, and support the business units on client engagements/projects, and broader organization initiatives. You will report to the Global Head of Strategic Solutions as a member of the Central Strategic Solutions Operations team. As the practice expands you may lead a small team, but at least initially this role will be an individual contributor driving a critical growth opportunity for GLG.
The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Define and develop analytical methods used in market research approaches, such as MaxDiff and Conjoint.
- Support the Product Development group as a specialist in development of standardized methods and deliverables.
- Partner with Reporting & Analytics and Operations teams to build more packaged solutions and pricing strategy, align reporting outputs to methodology types, and improve quality/consistency/standardization of deliverables.
- Evaluate and onboard new vendors, software, and training required to expand into new areas of expertise.
- Contribute to GLGs competitive intelligence as we enter new research categories, via thought leadership to drive innovation, adopt modern methods, and maximize technology integration.
- Train, mentor, and certify the business units and Reporting & Analytics team on advanced methods & best practices.
- Support in client discussions/proposals related to data science and advanced methodologies to address client needs.
- Engage in complex projects to identify enhancements to methodology and reporting and contribute to final QC on complex engagements to assure quality of final deliverables.
- Identify new methodology and product opportunities from client-interactions and project-engagements.
- Support L&D programs to elevate GLGs methods maturity & knowledge, including internal & vendor-led training.
- Expand the use of council-members for quantitative research engagements to build capacity & leverage.
- Advise on the Compliance framework incorporating expectations of clients and the approach of our competitors.
You will possess most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or social sciences area of focus.
- 8+ years of custom market research experience with emphasis on research methods & analytics.
- Detailed knowledge of various research methodologies, sampling design, data integration, statistics & multivariate analysis, and advanced analytical methods.
- Proficient in a selection of modern data analysis tools and methods, such as Q, SPSS, R, Python, SQL, Sawtooth.
- Must have experience designing research and writing/presenting marketing research insights to clients.
- Previous experience building and implementing new research products, standards, and processes to be adopted company-wide is required.
- Strong collaboration skills are required to partner with stakeholders across different teams with unique requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues & clients.
- Comfortable interacting with clients across scoping, deep methods consultation, and presenting research findings.
- Must be able to build and deliver company-wide training programs, and to teach the basics & advanced aspects of research.
- Comfortable learning, applying, and teaching new technologies and methods.
- Strong ability to bridge commercial needs with advanced methods to tackle business problems.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.