The Strategic Projects Manager (Private Equity) helps PE funds make investment decisions and manage their portfolio companies by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
GLG Projects offers a unique alternative to traditional management consulting, which harnesses the breadth and depth of the GLG network of subject matter experts and professionals to help clients make smarter business decisions. For the past few years this fast-growing business, led by former top tier consultants, has been serving corporations and investment firms across the globe.
The role offers broad exposure a variety of PE fund clients throughout the investment and ownership cycle in a highly entrepreneurial environment. GLG is for the first time introducing the Strategic Projects product to the Asia-Pacific market. This will give the Manager an opportunity to shape the product as appropriate to the local environment, help set the strategy, and build the team.
Ideally the role will be based in Hong Kong, though Singapore and Mainland China will be considered as well. Occasional regional travel will be required.
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role: Scope and manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- The Manager must be an active partner to Strategic Projects leadership and Business Development team, developing go-to-market strategy and lasting client relationships
- The Manager role offers direct exposure to all sorts of PE clients from local Chinese funds to segment-specific investors to major global giants
- The role also provides regular exposure to business leaders across GLG and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients and the broader GLG community
- The Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Be flexible and creative in driving projects given the nascent stage of the business in Asia-Pacific
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of related work experience years in a Chinese PE fund or a PE-focused consulting role serving Chinese clients
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working in Mainland China or for Chinese clients
- Superior written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in leading commercial negotiations and driving financial performance
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Are willing to travel up to 25% of the time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.