The APAC Operations team is looking to hire a Singapore-based Manager with an in-depth understanding of People Operations who can support the region on people initiatives and ensure that Operations is able to strategically approach People Operations issues while also ensuring execution is done effectively. The role will offer exposure to a broad range of strategic and operational topics including but not exhaustive to:
- Core operating model enhancement for new & existing employees (client solutions, platform operations and or council development team)
- Upskilling and development initiatives for frontline staff
- Technical coaching and leadership development
- Technical/training content development and instructional design
- Technical content localization and deployment
- Bring to bear people operations best practices
- Change management, project management and complex implementation initiatives across multiple business verticals
The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG regional management team and the broader organization in APAC. The role will report to the Vice President, People Operations, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. At the same time, this role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forward operational projects, and as the role progresses to own delivery of larger projects and implementations.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Drive and administer onboarding of new hires as well as assisting with similar activities within APAC for other programs (i.e. refresher and certification modules) as required
- Drive Manager development, training and certification in collaboration with local business leaders and stakeholders
- Develop/create, refresh and localize GLG best practices into well instructional designed training content suitable for each region and business unit
- Co-create with local BU leaders new training materials based on commercial needs
- Develop, document, drive and act as standard bearer for training best practices, creating supporting materials such as facilitator notes, participant hand outs and others to help scale GLG learning programs
- Work and manage learning management systems to create or refresh our repository library of knowledge
- Act as a key partner and local point of contact for technical training & development operations team initiatives wherever there is intersect with the APAC business
- Gradual increasing ownership and accountability for the APAC Associate onboarding and Manager Train the Trainer programs
An Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following
- 3-5 years professional experience, ideally in operations, change management or talent development
- Undergraduate degree or above
- Proficiency in MS Excel/PowerPoint (moderate)
- Superior communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and implement change without line authority
- Ability to build trusting relationships with key business leaders and other stakeholders across the company
- Practical mindset with a strong bias towards execution
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.