Content & Events Manager, Healthcare
GLG Events provides unique, market-moving insights and perspectives on timely topics such as current events and market trends by leveraging the voices of the world’s leading professionals. The Events Content team identifies, researches, curates, and moderates conversations across a variety of subject matter areas, which are turned into in person or virtual events featuring the top key opinion leaders.
Our Events Content team is seeking a Content Manager who will develop innovative content and bespoke event programming for our clients who are interested in Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences topics and trends. This is a highly visible role serving as an internal thought leader around GLG’s capabilities in the Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences sectors, as well as supporting and driving the continued growth of our Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences Events business. If you’re interested in researching Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences topics, working with clients, and working with our network of key opinion leaders, physicians, researchers, policy makers, and executives, this is the role for you!
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build and maintain relationships with senior executives, policy makers, physicians, and key opinion leaders in the Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content.
- “Connect the dots” between trending Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences industry topics, upcoming catalysts, and investor priorities to build events based on these issues and position and market these events both internally to business development/client service teams and directly to GLG clients.
- Spearhead the execution of our client engagement plan across client investment strategies and seniorities through programming and curating events, including small roundtables, discussions at industry conferences, webinars, and teleconferences.
- Contribute to the design, development, positioning and marketing of our Healthcare Services and Life Sciences solutions/products.
- Host in-person and virtual events between key opinion leaders, physicians, and executives and GLG’s clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions.
- Partner with industry-focused clients on bespoke solutions and contribute to new product innovation to keep pace with changing client needs and industry trends.
- Work as part of collaborative interoffice teams to deliver results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, healthcare policy, or a scientific field is required, and an MS, PhD, or MD is preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional and/or post-grad academic research experience with exposure to healthcare services, healthcare policy, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices is required. Applicable professional experience includes Healthcare Services, Technology, and Policy and Life Sciences industry research, equity research, medical affairs, marketing, journalism and/or communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and competence in front of clients is required.
- Must be confident, persuasive, and able to discuss unfamiliar topics as well as be able to navigate challenging client situations.
- A strong work ethic and desire to manage many highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail, and work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have strong relationship-building skills, as well as a desire to conduct in-person, email, and telephone outreach to clients and senior industry thought leaders and experts.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.