Content Manager/Associate– Tech, Media, Telecom
GLG Events provides unique, market-moving insights and perspectives on current events and market trends by leveraging the voices of the world’s leading professionals. The Events team identifies, researches, and curates additive content across a variety of subject areas, and creates in person or virtual events featuring the top experts.
We are seeking a Content Manager / Associate to create and moderate in person and virtual meetings designed to engage equities investors who are focused on the market trends and hot topics in the Technology, Media, and Telecom sectors. This is a highly visible role serving as an internal thought leader around GLG’s capabilities in the TMT sectors, as well as supporting and driving the continued growth of our TMT Events business. This entails being conversant in financial markets, being able to identify and research compelling market trends, and developing relationships with clients, C-level executives, subject matter experts/outside consultants, and internal partners.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to editorial development and content strategy, to grow our Tech, Media, Telecom related events business
- “Connect the dots” between trending TMT industry topics, upcoming catalysts, and investor priorities to build events based on these issues and position and market these events both internally to business development/client service teams and directly to GLG clients
- Spearhead the execution of our client engagement plan across client investment strategies and seniorities through programming and curating events, including small roundtables, discussions at industry conferences, webinars, and teleconferences.
- Execute and moderate GLG’s user-focused event strategy and vision for public equities-focused users, building our live and virtual meeting calendar, and ensuring all events meet GLG’s quality standards
- Build and maintain relationships with former executives, regulators, and subject matter experts/consultants in the TMT space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content.
- Host in-person and virtual events between former executives, regulators and experts and GLG’s clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions.
- Cultivate communities of likeminded users around common areas of interest, and teach others to do the same
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least 3 years of related experience in financial services research or content, but also open to relevant content experience focused on Tech, Media, and Telecom industries
- A strong editorial point of view based on experience with how public equities investors work and think
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and competence in front of clients
- Confident, persuasive, and able to discuss unfamiliar topics as well as be able to navigate challenging client situations.
- A strong work ethic and desire to manage many highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail, and work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Interest in joining a dynamic, growing events business
- Must be able to collaborate across teams, exert influence and work within an organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be adaptable
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.