Be a category creator and build the world’s largest B2B Platform
Are you looking for an opportunity to inspire leaders that there is a new and better way of doing something?
Does the pace and complexity of innovation excite you? Do you want to help the industry leaders make better decisions faster?
Do you want to be a part of creating a new category and doing so at the frontline?
In the Key Junior Account Management role you’re developing our largest and most important client relationships.
You’ll spend your time managing existing relationships and identifying, qualifying and closing new opportunities within Fortune 500 companies. The product development process and our clients’ continuous effort to capture the market’s needs should excite you.
You’ll build and manage your own book of business, supported by demand generation and marketing.
You’ll be entering a high growth business in the process of defining a new B2B category from within the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with insights. The Account Manager opportunity is a rare opportunity to be part of a category creation form the front row.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Successfully creates, communicates, and executes an ongoing account operational business plan that connects new business, existing relationships, product teams and marketing
- Own, lead, and drive the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation/close
- Dig in and be hands on in understanding client’s job to done in order for GLG to deliver best in class service through coordination with GLG product teams
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales and product teams to ensure prospects get timely, conducive information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors degree or higher required
- 3+ years experience with consultative selling
- Proven management of full BD pipeline (prospecting through closing) and successfully managing quota
- Experience selling to Corporate Markets (C-Level, Corporate Strategy, M&A, Product Marketing, Product Management, Market Research) at operating companies, ideally fortune 500
- Strong communication and persuading skills
- Proven top performance in prior roles, with growing levels of responsibility
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.