GLG’s Internship Role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector and to build up their knowledge.
This internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Southeast Asia on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to opinion leaders and key executives across various verticals, and take a significant part in providing best solutions to enhance client’s professional decision making. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aiming to streamline business processes.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
GLG Interns and Associates are responsible for:
- Supporting GLG team. The Intern/Associate will provide project support to the team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis;
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Intern/Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, written reports, and in-depth consulting engagements;
- Identifying and screening experts. Work with GLG team in identifying the most suitable experts for each project, through thorough examination of experts’ knowledge and eligibility;
- Assisting in the programming of virtual and live meetings. The Intern/Associate is responsible for supporting the team to organise and host small group conversations or private meetings between GLG Council Members and GLG clients;
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as potentially recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach;
- Team-wide collaboration. The Intern/Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, or consulting will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Mandarin
- Able to write, speak and present succinctly to deliver investment theses/ideas
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to commit to a minimum 3 months internship between October to December 2021. Candidates who can commit to full-time internship will be preferred.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.