GLG’s Intern role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm.
Full Job Description
GLG Research Interns will also work on customized projects and requests from their assigned Research team, which may include conducting web-based research on important news stories for a practice area, compiling statistical data on network composition and recruiting efforts, identifying executives in transition, assisting with data management efforts, responding to expert inquiries, and reviving relationships with experts whose activity with GLG has lapsed.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct industry research and reach out to professionals and experts best suited to
participate in each project through telephone, emails and other channels;
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical
methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade
and business associations, referrals and other relationships
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s
extensive profile management systems
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Council Network in SEA
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in Mandarin is required to communicate with Mandarin-speaking external stakeholders
- Looking for an immediate intern; Current university student or graduates/post graduates
- Candidates who could commit 5 days a week for at least 3 months to 5 months will be preferred
- Be thorough and have good attention to detail
- Enjoy multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work outside of a traditional office environment
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, recruiting or consulting will be a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.