The Associate, FP&A will support the Finance team’s modeling and reporting initiatives and will play a significant role in designing, implementing, and executing planning processes with an integrated financial system. The right person for this role will have experience implementing and/or developing financial planning systems, be a strong self-starter, and have a proven work ethic. This position will be located at our New York office and report to the Manager, FP&A.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Financial System Administration – Financial planning, reporting, and analysis within the Anaplan system. Coordinating with business segment leaders and finance business partners to build system functionality to meet the demands of a growing business. Designing and implementing models and dashboards for Anaplan end-users to enable user input and self-service reporting to streamline and automate the budget and long-range-planning process. Financial modeling using data from multiple sources and standardizing into system-readable lists and fields. Developing success metrics and building automated tools to track GLG products and services.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage mid and long-range business plans for select Corporate Departments, including the annual budget, quarterly forecast, and 3-year plan processes. Maintain and develop reliable cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, as well as judgment and knowledge of historical performance and trends.
- Management Reporting – Assist with the production of periodic financial reporting materials and presentations regarding business performance, including variance explanations for actual versus projected results, for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Operating and Strategic – This position is responsible for several operating and strategic initiatives outside of the typical finance function, including serving as a representative for business intelligence efforts and partnering with the Accounting team on the financial close process.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of applicable work experience, such as corporate FP&A, accounting, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- Experience using Anaplan, Hyperion Essbase Planning, Host Analytics, TM1, Adaptive Planning or other financial planning software desired
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with recurring revenue models preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication skills (written and oral) and desire to work in a team
- Attention to detail, analytic consistency, and data integrity
- Strong problem solving and creative solution skills combined with a hands-on, get-it-done, roll-up-your sleeves attitude
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.